Park&Pedal has expanded into the City of Newton and we’re celebrating! Join us on the morning of Friday, October 14th in Albemarle Park in Newton for a launch event and commuter breakfast. In attendance will be:
• Mayor Setti Warren, Mayor of Newton
• Nicole Freedman, Director of Transportation for the City of Newton
• David Montague, Park&Pedal and Montague Bikes Founder
Montague bikes will be giving away a bicycle to one lucky winner and area bike organizations, advocacy groups, and food vendors will be joining us to make for a fun and festive morning.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/361123210943867/
Confirmed so far (more to come!):
• Free bagels from Rosenfelds Bagels
• Free pastries from Newton Village Cafe
• Free breakfast burritos from Anna’s Taqueria
• Free bike tune ups from Belmont Wheelworks
• Tea and Juice from Honest Tea
• Free COFFEE!
• Food donation from Russo’s Watertown
• Food donation from Wegman’s (Chestnut Hill)
• Food donation from Shaw’s (Waltham)
• Sierra Club
• Massachusetts Nature Conservancy
• Charles River TMA
If you’re interested in participating in the event as a vendor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Park & Pedal is a free network of parking lot hubs conveniently located cycling distance from your city’s employment centers, allowing commuters to park in a designated spot, and pedal their bike to work, avoiding “last-mile” congestion.
The program provides a manageable step toward bike commuting, especially for those who live too far from work to cycle the entire distance. The goal is keep cars out of the city, and get more people on bikes!